Copyright Exploitation in the Music Industry in Indonesia
The Center for the Study of Intellectual Property Rights at the Faculty of Law of Trisakti University in collaboration with HIKAT (Association of Consultants and Observers of the IPR of the Faculty of Law of Trisakti University) held a SEMINAR OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS under the title “Copyright Exploitation in the Music Industry in Indonesia”.
The Seminar was held on Friday, November 8th
The Seminar was started at 13:30 WIB, and was opened by Vice Dean IV of the Faculty of Law (FH) Usakti, Dr. Tri Sulistyowati, SH,MH represented the Dean.
Keynote Speaker of the Seminar was Candra Darusman, SE, a Former Deputy Director of World Intellectual Property Organization - Regional Office in Singapore.
Speakers of the Seminar were:
- Irfan Aulia, Managing Director Massive Music Entertainment; Commissioner of LMKN presented material about Copyrights to the Music Industry,
- Agung Darmasasongko, Head of Sub-Directorate of Legal Services and Collective Management Institute, Directorate of Copyright and Industrial Design, General Directorate of Property Rights, presented the Aspects of Copyrights in the Music Industry,
- Moderator: Riyo Hanggoro Prasetyo, IP & Entertainment Lawyer; Founder of ENLIGHTEN, Entertainment Law Indonesia.
The Seminar was supported by :
- Massive Music Entertainment;
- Creative Nest Indonesia;
- ENLIGHTEN, Entertainment Law Indonesia; and Law Queen (Ratu Hukum).
The Seminar was attended by 40 participants consisted of consultants, artists, musicians and students. This seminar aims to socialize the rules related to Copyright and increase public awareness to respect the copyrights of others.
Hopefully this seminar can further raise awareness about the importance of Copyright.
News Source: The Center for the Study of Intellectual Property Rights (PSHKI) FH Usakti
(Source : IG@usakti_official)